You've already taken a big step : deciding to lose weight !
You want to take action and efficiently get yourself together !
Your mind is made up, no more extra kilos.
• Yes, but how many attempts ?
• How many successes ?
This booklet has been written for you by nutritionists in collaboration with dietitians to facilitate the journey which will lead you to your ideal weight in the most convenient way.
LOSING WEIGHT IS:
A. Improving your health
B. Gaining self-esteem
C. Choosing the best adapted solution
D. Regaining a positive image of the body
E. Avoiding disasters.
The whole medical team will help you throughout your program.
Furthermore, our Nutrition Department proposes a global care concept stemming from the research carried out by a team of nutritionists and hospital practitioners.
1. Advice on eating habits,
2. Moral support (motivation),
3. An incentive to do a physical activity,
4. Help to keep the weight off.
5. Cooking lessons : balanced cooking full of flavors
STRUCTURE AND WORKINGS OF THE ORGANISM
The human body is made up of a variety of very different biochemical elements : proteins, carbohydrates, fats, present in different organs (muscles, fat tissues, bones, …).
Water represents about 60 % of the body weight. Which is why it's important not to weigh yourself on a scale which cannot differentiate these different elements.
Rule n°1 : Never weigh yourself at home
Every element has a specific role.
• Proteins are a vital element in the structure of the organism's parts,
• Carbohydrates mainly supply the energy to the cells. The brain is the biggest user of carbohydrates.
• Fat stocks energy, it is part of the constitution of our cellular membranes and produces hormones.
• Minerals, vitamins and trace elements contribute to the biological processes.
Together, the macro nutriments ensure the constitution and good working order of the organism.
The proteins must be top quality and not burnt by cooking.
Simple carbohydrates must be avoided (sugar, sweets, cookies, pastries, cooked carrots, overcooked noodles, white bread,…) as they induce hunger and make you gain weight. Complex carbohydrates (whole-wheat bread, whole-wheat noodles, whole-wheat rice, dry beans,…) will be used instead as they supply quality energy which is progressively given off.
Fats : one must not confuse healthy fats (ex : vegetable oils rich in omegas 3-6-9, nuts and seeds,…) with unhealthy fats (saturated, hydrogenated and Trans : fat meat, bacon, pastries, fried foods,… )
A varied diet almost naturally stimulates weight-loss!
So avoid monotony!