Our main aim is to help the patient and his physician by offering them the framework of MDC's dietetic follow-up system.
Our weight-loss cure is made up of the following phases:
• Medical and diet consultations
• Establishment of a weight-loss program with various phases
• Medical and diet consultations with weight-loss check ups (every 2 to 3 weeks max., depending on the program chosen)
• Once the target weight is reached ; post-cure by-monthly check ups with training on the basics of nutrition for 1 to 2 years
• Follow up of the nutritional assessment's parameters for optimal health
The concept of follow up is based on :
• Nutrition advice
• Moral support, essential to maintain motivation
• An encouragement to physical activity
The program can begin as of the second consultation, with check ups made every 2 to 3 weeks depending on the program, until the target weight is reached. One must highlight that the target weight in this case is the weight the patient wished to reach after agreement with the physician and the dietitian and is rarely the « ideal » weight.
Further check ups are then carried out every 2 months for a period of 1 to 2 years. These check ups aim to maintain the target weight and each one has a specific theme. Such themes are fibers, fruits, vegetables, fat, glycemic index, how to decode labels...
These check ups are essential and imperative to ensure real weight stabilization.
During the program each patient benefits from the support and advice of the medical team during the consultations but the patient can also at any moment, call us, send a fax or e-mail.